Personal data protection
Digitization has increased the volume of data collection and accelerated the flow of information about individuals. As this data can be used for various purposes, the European Union has adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The GDPR entered into force on 24 May 2016 and entered into force on 25 May 2018. Contrary to directives that bind EU addressees to the result they are required to achieve and leave it to national authorities to choose the form and method (in practice to supplement existing or adopt new legislation), the regulation is generally valid, applicable and binding directly on all EU Member States.
The EU's ultimate goal is to create a single European digital market that is not hampered by the regulatory specificities of individual members. The regulation also extends the protection of individuals to foreign companies operating in the EU and collecting information on European citizens.
Data protection and retention time
Alpmetal & CO ensures the protection of personal data in accordance with this policy and with the requirements for the protection of personal data set out in the applicable Personal Data Protection Act and the General GDPR Regulation. It may store personal data for as long as is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data were collected, and then permanently delete or effectively anonymize them so that certain data can no longer be linked to a specific user.
User rights under the GDPR
As user of our website, you are so knowledgeable that you may at any time request that you:
- confirm whether or not the data relating to you are processed and allow you to inspect and copy or copy your personal data contained in the personal data file;
- provide insight into the catalog of the personal data collection or records of personal data processing activities;
- we provide a printout of personal data contained in the personal data file and relating to you;
- we provide a list of users to whom personal data have been provided, when, on what basis and for what purpose;
- we provide information on the sources on which the records contained in the personal data file about you are based and on the method of processing;
- provide information on the purpose of the processing and the type of personal data being processed, as well as all necessary explanations in this regard;
- explain the technical or logical-technical decision-making procedures, in the case of the implementation of automated decision-making by processing personal data of the individual.
As a user of our website, you are aware of the fact that you also have the following rights in accordance with the applicable Personal Data Protection Act and the General GDPR Regulation:
- that the processing of your personal data is limited when one of the following cases applies: if you dispute the accuracy of the data (the processing is limited to the period that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data); if the processing is illegal and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and instead request a restriction on their use; if, as the controller of personal data, we no longer need them for the agreed purposes of processing, but you need them to enforce, enforce or defend legal claims; in the event that you lodge an objection to the processing until it has been verified that the legitimate reasons of the controller outweigh your reasons;
- that your personal data in our collection is corrected, and you also have (taking into account the purposes of processing) the right to supplement incomplete personal data, including the submission of a supplementary statement;
- that your personal data be deleted - - if you no longer want your personal data to be processed and provided that there are no legal reasons for their further storage or processing, you may request that your data be deleted without undue delay, for one of the following reasons (with the exception of legal exceptions): your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; revoke the consent on the basis of which the processing takes place and where there is no other legal basis for the processing; you object to the processing, provided that there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or (at any time) you object to the processing when personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing; your personal data has been processed illegally; your personal data must be deleted in order to fulfill a legal obligation in accordance with the law of the Republic of Slovenia; your personal information has been collected in connection with a specific offer.
- that you are aware of the retention period of your personal data;
- to be aware that you have the right to a legal remedy - to lodge a complaint;
- that you have the right to the portability of personal data (applies only to personal data that is processed automatically).